Setting up the integration between Churchteams and Protect My Ministry
Step 1 – Setting up your account with Protect My Ministry.
Login to Churchteams at the Financial Admin security level
Click Settings in the top right corner, Account Info, and then Sign Up under Protect My Ministry.
- Complete the registration page to setup your Protect My Ministry
account. If you are an existing Protect My Ministry customer be sure to denote that you are already using the system.
Step 2 – Entering Protect My Ministry settings in Churchteams
- When your Protect My Ministry account is ready for use you will receive an email with your Organization ID and password which are entered into Churchteams to enable the integration
- Login to Churchteams at the Financial Admin security level
- Click the Settings, Account Info, Link/Connect.
- Enter the Organization ID and password you received from Protect My Ministry and your full name and email address (or the person who is the primary contact for background checks) and click the green Save button. You are now ready to request background checks from within Churchteams.
- In addition this settings page allows you to access the Administration page for your Protect My Ministry account and this is only available at the Financial Admin security level. Click the blue button to access the administration page in Protect My Ministry. Generally you will not need to access this in the normal process of requesting and view background checks but it is available for viewing billing information etc.
Step 3 – Request a background check
- Search for a person in Churchteams that needs a background check and click the Request button in the Background Check field.
- On the next page information from Churchteams will be pre-populated in the request, complete the page and click Submit.
- The background check will be initiated and you will be emailed when it has been completed and can be viewed.
- When that email is received you can login to Churchteams and search for the person again click the View button in the Background Check section.
- The report will be displayed in a new window for your review and if you have a custom member attribute to track the date of the last background check you can edit the member information and update that date.