A suggested path on how to transition donors from your old online giving system to Churchteams.
Converting Existing Recurrent Contributions
- Launch your current online giving software.
- Contact existing recurrent donors
- Letting them know about the change (suggested wording below)
- Ask them to go online and establish recurrent giving in new online giving tool or provide them with a link.
- Provide them with a link to your old system and ask them to cancel their scheduled contribution in this system.
- Once all recurrent contributions have been established in Churchteams and deleted from your old software, contact your old provider and close the account.
Example of communication to existing recurrent donors;
Thank you for your continued support of (church name). In order to be better
stewards of your contributions we have changed our online and scheduled giving
tool. Our old system will be turned off on _______ and your scheduled
contributions will stop. In order to facilitate this change without disrupting your
support we ask you to consider the following steps;
- Logon to our website (or provide them the link), click online giving and
setup your scheduled contribution.
- Use this link to cancel your scheduled contribution in our old system, or
- Contact our office at _______________ to let us know this has been
- We will delete your scheduled giving in our old system to ensure you are
not billed through both systems.
Give OnlineIn order to be good stewards of your contribution we have recently moved to Churchteams online giving. Churchteams offers a great way to give online. log in or create an account to give to what the Lord is doing here at Real Life.
You can set up recurring contributions online. If you have a transaction set up under the old system, you will want to log in and cancel that transaction after setting up your new one with Churchteams.