Using a Keyword or Link on Social Media to direct people to a subset of groups.
Here are the steps to create a link for a subset of groups that might look like this:
- Create each of the groups.
- On step 3 of creating the group make sure that you choose a group profile or combination of profile questions that will identify just these alike groups - such as they are all Volunteer Groups or all meet as Home Groups. Hint: Use the Browse Groups page to make sure that you can choose one, two or three filters to see just these groups.
- Once your groups have been created, from the home page go to Groups & Events > More > GroupFinder Links.
- Put in a heading and choose from the customization options on how to hide the search filters if you choose.
- Pick the filter combination that you chose in step 2.
- As you do steps 4 and 5, the tool will build a link for you in the green highlighted bar underneath the filters. Copy this link and put it wherever you want - social media, your weekly newsletter, etc.
- Note: the system will also build embedded code for an iframe if you want to embed the form in a webpage. That is shown in the second green highlighted bar.
If you want to use this link with Text-to-Church:
- Copy the link as in #6 above.
- Go to Communicate > Text> Text-to-Church. Click the blue Add Link button.
- On the next page add in the URL you just copied, a name for this link, and a keyword that you will share with people to access this link.