How to Import a transaction file
The integrated solution we offer automatically posts contributions in a donor's giving record. It also seamlessly integrates with our event registration system and is generally about 20% less expensive than others. If you aren't using the Churchteams online giving here are specific instructions for importing transaction files.
Instructions for importing a 3rd party transaction file:
- Export the file from your online giving system in the same format as the file used for the initial import.
- Login to Churchteams with the financial administrator account
- Go to Settings > Contributions > Online Giving > "Import Transactions File" button
- Click "Choose File" button at the bottom of the page. This will take you to the list of files on your computer. Highlight the file you wish to import and then press the "Open" button, OR, double click on the file you wish to import. Press the green "Upload" button.
- If the data has a header row (which is most common), leave the box checked for "Check to skip the first record".
- If the data on the file is all capital letters, and you do not want any new data added to your Churchteams account in all capitals, check the next option called "Check to automatically upper/lower case the name and address fields". Leave this unchecked if your data is mixed case. This is most relevant for VANCO files.
- Change the batch date if desired, and enter a more informational batch name. A good name would include date and source, an example being "Kindred 9-26 to 9-30".
- The default Field Values area will only be used if the incoming file does not have a Method or a Designation. If the file does not, you would select the method to be assigned to each gift and the fund/designation.
- The column mapping will be saved from the previous import, but it will always be necessary to review the column assignments. You will want to make sure the assignment continues to match the data in each column. It is fine to have some columns be assigned the "Do not load this column" option. Look at each "Set translation values" option (by clicking on it) to make sure we are properly mapping all the values on the current file. You will need to have every value on the left assigned a value on the right.
- Press the blue "Load File" button. Information on the import will be displayed after it completes. You can then see the batch by clicking on Contributions > Batch History.
- Review the Possible Duplicate Member Report using the tight criteria. Go to Members > Merge > then the report on the bottom left of the page. Merge any records that are duplicates in the account.