Options for setting up everything related to giving including funds, methods, online giving, statements and other reports.
Click GIVING > SETTINGS to find the following options. Review and work through these pages to set up the framework for collecting and tracking all of your contributions.
Customize the default funds to fit your language and goals and then use the button to add other designations or funds. To edit a fund name and/or it's settings, click the name of the fund.
On the individual designation page:
- Sort order determines the order of display on the page. Consider grouping them by 10s, 100s or 1,000s. E.g. Missions funds are all 300-399.
- Text-to-Give Keyword allows members to text the word you choose along with an amount to give to that fund. Read More.
- Customize any fund with a goal, date range or a pledge requirement.
Once entered, you will be able to see all funds on a single page. On this page:
- Click Yes or No to include or exclude a fund from online giving.
- The Default fund is almost always the general budget. When people text an amount to give without any designation, it will be given to this fund.
- Use Clear/Reset only when you want to reuse a fund for pledges. This will remove all previous pledges from the system. This does not disturb actual contributions.
Customize these to be able to accurately track the percentages of income from each of your giving sources. This is an important tool for stewardship development. Use Reports > Financial > Contribution Summary Chart, to create a chart like this.
Here you will find more information about our online giving and when set up, you will find the links you need to put on your website, social media and other outlets for people to give.
If you use external online giving services, those can be imported from their spreadsheets. Our online giving typically saves 15-20% on fees and posts directly to the donor's giving record. It is also integrated in our registration feature putting everything you need in one place.
The Online Giving Options button at the bottom of the page lets you customize the giving form (including logo), and create or edit the confirmation email.
Text-to-Church is enabled from the Online Giving Options page. You can also enter an email address to receive notifications about changes to recurring contributions or even to receive all online giving receipts.
This page allows you to customize or edit:
- Alternate search field, usually envelope number, for cash and check data entry.
- Contributor notes field. A member attribute (if populated) pops up as a reminder during check and cash data entry.
- Administrative Assistant options to allow access to enter contribution data and/or reports.
- Email address to notify if any changes are made to contributions outside of data entry.
- Options for Giving Statement Salutations and Reply to Email.
- Default Giving Statement email. Use the advanced editor to customize and edit your Giving Statement email.
BATCHES - CASH & CHECK ENTRY
Online giving is automatically posted to donor giving records, but cash and checks must be manually entered either by personal data entry or by using a check scanner depending on the number of checks you have.
Personal data entry has been streamlined so that after a month or so, data entry persons can input at least 2 checks per minute which is about 120 per hour. Check scanners have a cost associated with them but are helpful when entering more checks than this.
Once entered, view old batches under Giving > Batch History. If you need to make a correction, click on the date of the batch, then search for the person to make a change to their donation and click Save. Summary, detail, and deposit reports for a specific batch can be accessed from here as well.
Watch for the Giving Statements briefing webinar we do each January to walk through all the statement options in detail. The Giving Webinar includes a section on statements.
The recommended process for running statements involves 3 steps, covered in detail in our Sending Statements Tutorial.
- Prep Email: a notice to contributors that you are preparing the annual contribution statements and would like to ensure they have accurate member records. Include the Member Update Link in your email.
- Default Settings for Statements: Go to Giving > Settings > Other Options to update your default statement settings and prepare the cover email that will be attached to your statements. More detail on this can be found here.
- Reports > Giving > Contribution Statements - This is the report that produces your annual contribution statements. Options such as email v. printed, family v. individual statements are edited in the Options column on the left. Filters for choosing who to produce a statement for are edited in the middle Filters column. (Ex: Members filter > Contributions to filter to contributors who gave in the prior year)
If you select Emailed Statements in the Options column, please note that Running the Report will immediately generate and send out your statements. You can preview an emailed statement by simply filtering to send the statement only to yourself (Members filter > Selected Members, enter your name)
When you select a report type (above), you will be prompted for other relevant information options. Select from these and run the report.
For giving behavior reports like first-time givers, lapsed givers, people who gave a certain amount or a certain number of times; it is often better to choose a Member Listing report (Reports > Members) and then use the filters to find the people you are looking for. You can send an email after running and viewing a Listing report.
ME & METRIC CARDS
Once you have created reports you use regularly, be sure to add them to Saved Reports. You can even customize date ranges for dynamic calculation like "X" number of weeks or Year-to-Date.
All saved reports are available for quick access using the gear icon on the Dashboard's ME card. Put your most-used reports here.
Saved Summary Charts are available for instant viewing when you login in to the Metric card. You can save financial charts at the staff or other levels of access so that pastors and staff always have the information they need as soon as they log in.