This article will help you to move a family member out of the household or add a new family member to an existing family in your Churchteams database.
To remove a member out of a household:
- Go to Members > Family > Family Search. Search for the person's last name and click on the blue last name button to be taken to the Household page for that person/family.
- Find the person in the family you want to remove and click the "Move member out" button.
- You will have two choices:
1)Move them to another family already in Churchteams: In this case, use the Search box to Search the family name, click that name.
2) Create a new family/address: This is often the case when a family member simply ages out of the household and they move to a separate address. Just fill in the fields under “Create a new family/household to move the member into:” section.
We recommend as a best practice that you use the “Related To” feature on the Member Profile Page to indicate who someone is related to, particularly when someone has simply aged out of the household and you still want to be able to recall their family of origin. See “How do I show family relationships between members in different households in Churchteams?”
To add a new person to an already existing family in Churchteams:
- Go to Members > Family > Family Search. Search for the family's last name and click on the blue last name button to be taken to the Household page for that family.
- On the Household page, click the blue Add Family Member button.
- Fill in all required attribute fields, but be sure to complete as much information as possible in order for your ChurchTeams records to be accurate.
- Click the green Add Family Member button to save the information.
If this is a new baby and there are grandparents or aunts/uncles, etc existing in Churchteams, we recommend as a best practice that you use the Related To feature to indicate other households that this new family member is related to. See How do I show relationships between members in different household in Churchteams?