Text-to-Attend is an alternate way to capture worship attendance digitally.
Your church may not be using All-Check, Churchteams powerful feature that allows a family member to check in the whole family to each of their classes as well as Worship. If that is the case and you still need a way to capture Worship attendance for members and guests, Text-to-Attend is the answer.
- Start with a group - this should be a group that will act as your digital connection card for guests, so we will add some registration settings to this group later. For now, as you are creating the group, be sure to check the box labeled "Adult Worship / Youth Text Attendance."
Adding the Registration Settings to make a Connection Card for Guests:
- After you have created your group, go to the group page and click Registration > Settings. Add a Keyword (1) in the Registration Settings as well as any instructions or greeting (2) that you want to appear in your Digital Connection Card for guests.
*Notice the Registration Link for this group is highlighted in green at the top of the page. You can copy this link and paste on your website for guests to even register ahead of time!
- Add in any other Registration Settings you wish, such as Instructions (box located in upper left corner) or a completion message. You can also direct the registrant to your church website once the registration is complete. That option is found under "Registration Completion Options" on the Registration Settings page.
- You have the option for the registrant to receive an email (3) after completing the guest card, or check the box (4), labeled "Don't Send" to not have the confirmation email sent. We do recommend you entering some text as a Completion Message (5) - this will be a pop up box to the guest after they complete the form. You can also direct the registrant to your church website once the registration is complete (6). That option is found under "Registration Completion Options" on the Registration Settings page.
- Add in any form questions that you want to ask - we call these attributes. These should be some of the questions that you ask on your paper Connection Card, but we recommend you as only a few questions. To add attributes, choose from the Registration attributes drop down menu located at the bottom of the screen (7). Learn more about creating Registrations and adding registration attributes here.
How does it work? Members and guests should be asked to text the Keyword you used in the Settings to your Text-to-Church number. Guests will get the Connection Card link. Members will be counted toward attendance and do not have to do anything else.